Midnight Troubles
"Defense systems: Activated
Radar: Online"
Something I thought to myself, every night when I was a child. I guess I was very gullible when I was a kid. I don't know if it was because I enjoyed the fantasy and the mystical aspect of day to day life, or just because I was kind of a fool. But in the end this fantasy fascination would end up in many sleepless nights. I believed in everything, vampires, werewolves, zombies, the list goes on. But I also was scared of more real threats like thieves and murders, fires too.
I think partly why I had such a fear of all these things would be the window next to my bed. Normally I don't think people would think this is too scary or maybe even relaxing. But you see me and my brother shared a bunk bed, and when your on the top bunking looking down from the second floor onto a big backyard overgrown with grass and trees dotted around your imagination tends to run wild. Now days I can't sleep facing a window ever, I have to face away from it.
But back to the point, I had, I guess you could call an interesting method to dealing with all these nightmares. I never really ever thought of a name for it up until writing this but I guess I could call it the "Controleo center" or something along those lines. The thing was that when I was young I was fascinated with computers and thought of myself as just multiple systems running in tandem, who went all rogue and gained sentience. And that if they where to not to keep up with expectations they would be reinstalled for a fresh system install. So one of the main systems was this nighttime defense thing I would visualize every night.
It look like one of those operating rooms you saw in submarines with a radar and everything. And the idea was I would invent a trap for everyone of my fears. Than before going to bed I would just visualize flip every single switch and watching a progress bar as they would come online. And although at this point the ol' command center is probably full of dust and cobwebs, I sometimes visit every so often I visit that small place in my head, just to flip the switches and fall asleep at ease knowing that nothing within my wildest dreams will attack me tonight.
Radar: Online"
Something I thought to myself, every night when I was a child. I guess I was very gullible when I was a kid. I don't know if it was because I enjoyed the fantasy and the mystical aspect of day to day life, or just because I was kind of a fool. But in the end this fantasy fascination would end up in many sleepless nights. I believed in everything, vampires, werewolves, zombies, the list goes on. But I also was scared of more real threats like thieves and murders, fires too.
I think partly why I had such a fear of all these things would be the window next to my bed. Normally I don't think people would think this is too scary or maybe even relaxing. But you see me and my brother shared a bunk bed, and when your on the top bunking looking down from the second floor onto a big backyard overgrown with grass and trees dotted around your imagination tends to run wild. Now days I can't sleep facing a window ever, I have to face away from it.
But back to the point, I had, I guess you could call an interesting method to dealing with all these nightmares. I never really ever thought of a name for it up until writing this but I guess I could call it the "Controleo center" or something along those lines. The thing was that when I was young I was fascinated with computers and thought of myself as just multiple systems running in tandem, who went all rogue and gained sentience. And that if they where to not to keep up with expectations they would be reinstalled for a fresh system install. So one of the main systems was this nighttime defense thing I would visualize every night.
It look like one of those operating rooms you saw in submarines with a radar and everything. And the idea was I would invent a trap for everyone of my fears. Than before going to bed I would just visualize flip every single switch and watching a progress bar as they would come online. And although at this point the ol' command center is probably full of dust and cobwebs, I sometimes visit every so often I visit that small place in my head, just to flip the switches and fall asleep at ease knowing that nothing within my wildest dreams will attack me tonight.
Comments
Post a Comment