Generic Title

I've never been good with names. And not in the memorization sense of names, even though I still have some trouble with it sometimes. But that's aside the point, the most difficult part is choosing a name, when you think about it you start to realize how big of responsibility it is, when you give someone a name it acts like a mask. For example the first thing you'll (probably) know about a person is their name indecently its also, as much as we would like to deny it, the first thing we judge a persons personality off of. Like, people say don't judge a book by its cover, but we all know that's just whimsical garbage. Like if you see a shady alleyway your not going to be like,
"Hey I should go check this place out? I might find some gumdrops and roses.", instead you would probably go more along the lines of,
"Hey this place is giving me creepy vibes, maybe I should get out before something bad happens" its only in human nature to preserve ones self from danger; but this is already besides my original point.

So that's what I mean behind the stress of giving something a good name, because if you dare give it a bad name than they're stuck with it for many many years to come. However, even with that in mind I think I still have taken steps in improving the way I name stuff. I mean I started all the way back in preschool in which I named the two stuffed animals I used to carry around as "Just a dog" and a mispronounced version of faucet in Russian. Then going to disliking my own name in kindergarten, Leo just didn't seem as cool to me at the time as names like Raphael or Luke or David, it just seemed to short and I wasn't aware of its Celestial and Greek tying.

Writing came next, specifically fiction. People would have great names like Frodo, Eragon, Hagrid, Ged and Sparrowhawk, they all sound so fitting and powerful and then whenever I want to create a name for a dwarf I usually think of something lane like Stimpy or Rumpert. And don't get me started on writing titles for essays, actually I don't think I can count on two hands at how many essays I accidentally submitted with an [Insert title here] line at the top because I put it off up until I forgot to make it and send it in. Finally probably my worst nightmare, online usernames. There is just no winning in that field, using your own name makes it awkward, adding any sort of words like nerd or something and it makes it sound as if the person is full of themselves, and can someone ever name an inside reference that could be made into a good username, because I would honestly love to hear it. And then referencing some sort of popular or indie media and you end up branded as a fanboy. Honestly the only names I've liked are the madlibs generated types because at least then if I got something stupid I could blame it on the system.

And so I guess in these posts I won't use any persona or anything. I'll sign off on this post with the one name that I'm comfortable with, Leo.

Comments

Popular Posts